Boardingware is a profitable startup that's rapidly growing at 100% YoY and you will be responsible for keeping this up. We currently serve over 150 boarding schools in 12 countries with plans to triple that number over the next 2 years. We provide a transformative solution for boarding schools that helps them streamline their internal processes and dramatically increase the safety of their students.
Our sales team is responsible for generating the new revenue needed to fuel the ongoing innovation within our product team. In turn you will be helping the company to make the lives of hundreds of thousands of people easier and more productive.
If you're ambitious and passionate about providing solutions to help people with painful problems, you'll love working with us at Boardingware.
- If you like to do things 'the way they've always been done', please don't apply, we want people that hate the status quo and are always looking to improve even if it means ignoring what 'everyone else thinks'!
- You believe that teamwork wins. Successful applicants will excel if you can follow systems and help us to build better processes that will help us win as a team.- You can be viewed as a trusted consultant. Boardingware helps schools solve complex internal problems. Your ability to use our software to solve these problems will allow people to trust your advice and help us to move forward.
- You are a great written communicator. As a member of our team you will work with a globally distributed team that spans New Zealand, Australia, USA and the UK. This requires a significant amount of communication through Slack and our sales CRM. Maintaining clean lines of communication helps the team in HQ to understand the market clearly and provide you with the help you need.
- You strive for excellence in everything you do. You will constantly be faced with new challenges and tasks that fight for your attention every day but you don't have a 'give up' attitude. You strive to finish to the best of your ability while helping your teammates to reach their goals along the way.
- You understand value. Spending money on unnecessary expenses are not only inefficient, they also have no benefit to our customers. You will be paid well, but we have a culture of spending only when we need to so that we ensure all excess money is spent on making a better and more beautiful solution for our clients.
You will be prospecting into new school's with the goal of understanding if they have any issues with their current processes. This can consist of cold calling, cold emailing and attending conferences to meet new schools.
Once you have an understanding of their situation, you will aim to help out with the solutions we provide with Boardingware.
You will be expected to make plans and forecast your sales each month and constantly refine your process to make this more and more accurate.
You would have at least 1 year of consultative selling experience in software solutions. Sales to schools would be a plus, however, b2b software sales would also be a bonus.
You would have demonstrated your ability to achieve short term KPI's while maintaining relationships and demand for the future. And you have the ability to effectively use a CRM.
You have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent education.
It would be a plus (but not necessary) if you attended boarding school or you have sold EdTech.
Boardingware is a global team working towards a common mission.
These are the values that unite us and influence the way we work together.
1. Simplicity beats complexity
We believe in refining everything into it’s simplest form. This includes our communication, products, systems and processes.
2. If in doubt, communicate
Communication is the foundation to teamwork. Never question whether or not you need to tell a teammate about new decisions. Clear and concise communication is important for massive productivity.
3. Teamwork before self
In the pursuit of our personal goals, we must be mindful of how our actions impact the team as a whole. We should always put the interests of our team first.
4. Continuous improvement
Continuous improvement is deep-rooted in our culture. It can seem like an attitude of constant dissatisfaction, which is the foundations for striving for greatness.
5. Customer Centric
We don’t worry about what our competitors are doing. We are aware of them, but we never look to them for what we should do next. Instead, we listen to our customers and strive to understand them better than anyone. They are the ones that pay us, not our competitors.
Along with our great culture - we offer perks and benefits that
we hope will excite you to work at Boardingware
We will contribute $1000NZD/annum towards a conference of your choice. The goal would be to help you deepen your understanding of a topic related to your career path.
Fresh fruit and health snacks will be available to all employees throughout the work week. If you forget to pack your lunch or you're saving for something special, you can count on having the basics you need to keep yourself fueled throughout the day.
Learning is engrained in our culture. You will have $250NZD/annum for books (or kindle books) of your choice to further your development.
Those that show commitment to our mission and contribute positively to the team are rewarded with equity in the business.
If you're not based in Auckland, you have the chance to work remotely from a shared space or your home. All that matters is that you get the work done.
We will contribute $250/annum towards any online course that you would like to participate in.
Free MacBook when you join us so you can do your best work.
All New Zealand employees have their healthcare covered with Boardingware.